There are a lot of people who message me, asking me for advice on being an entrepreneur, running a business, and or reaching a higher level of success in life.
Best advice I can give aspiring entrepreneurs in ANY field of business is as follows:
* LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES/EXPERIENCES OF THOSE WHO HAVE DONE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, OR HAVE WHAT YOU WANT TO HAVE! (Try not to place too much weight on those who do not, but don’t just discount them)
* EVERYBODY has something to teach you. Even your haters/enemies.
* Success is not a goal. Its a process. One that is never ending.
* Haters are a part of success. Learn to ignore them, or effectively put them in their place. Never rile them up for no reason.
* Drama doesn’t give anybody results. MAJOR KEY!
* Having other people’s best interest at heart, and taking care of people (within reason) will help you get what you want in the long run. Just don’t overburden yourself, or make promises you can’t keep.
* The road to hell is often paved with the best of intentions. I’ve been down that road a time or two. Be careful, because although you’re intentions might have been the best, its hard to climb back out!
* Crusades sound nice, until you have to actually back up what you said you stood for, and go against those you bashed. False leaders rise up through “Crusades”, but are no where to be found when its time to back it up. Take note of bullet point #1, and #7.
* A support team to keep you motivated, in a positive mindset, and progressing is VITAL, and NECESSARY. You will always struggle (even I struggle often with various things) but it is 10x easier to conquer with support, than alone. I cannot stress this point enough.
* Don’t be afraid to outsource, or automate different tasks/projects. This is normal in business, and allows you to tackle bigger projects while still getting the small things taken care of. Why do you think the wealthy have drivers, mades, cooks, employees, staff, etc?
*Get used to putting out money to make money. Just make smart investments. Have a plan for WHY you spend, HOW you’re spending, and WHAT the spending will result in.
* Leverage your time, and resources wisely. We all have the same hours in the day, I just happen to do more than most with that time. SECRET: You can too.
* Get used to being uncomfortable, finding peace in chaos, and fighting the fires when others are running away. If all the great things in life were easy, everybody would have them! If you want to live like nobody else, you need to be willing to DO what nobody else is willing to do.
Now, to add to all these points, I would like to note that I didn’t always have people to tell me all these things. If they did, I listened closely so I could get ahead faster by leveraging the experiences of those ahead of me.
I also wasn’t too stubborn to think I knew it all, or could just do better than everybody else. Most of these points were lessons I learned from either just going through the experience in the first place, or failing, which has been my best teacher.
More than anything, a lot of what has given me success is my sacrifices. I sacrificed time, relationships, money, etc — to get where I am. I have always remained determined, driven, and persistent.
The beauty of all of this? Almost anybody can do it.